We’ve had almost 70 mm of rain in the last week – 68.9 mm to be precise, (thanks Weather Network!) That’s about 2.75 inches. The garden is lush, and yes, the lawn needs mowing. That’s on my list of things to do tomorrow.
Tonight, though, I took some photos of the newly hatched fungi I found in the garden. I wanted to take the pictures before the oyster mushrooms turn to moosh. I’m calling the pale pinky-tan coloured jobs “oyster” mushrooms because that’s what the naturalist in the household suggested they might be. Don’t quote me.*
*BTW, Reiner emailed me last night – I sent him the pictures and he is confident that these are oyster mushrooms. But because they are growing on the stump that he uses to break up his rocks, he says not to eat them. There is all manner of radioactive and toxic mineral particles at the base of that stump. I bet these mushrooms glow in the dark!