THANK you, Tamara Zito of Tamzen Temple for the Liebster Award!
I truly appreciate the sentiment behind the assorted awards here on WordPress. As a relative newcomer (since January 2014) I’m still on the lookout for reading recommendations – word of mouth is my kind of advertising.
I also appreciate the TON of work required to adequately attend to the acceptance of said honor, so when nominated, I usually smile, nod politely, and then point, click, surf away. In other words, “Thanks, but no thanks.”
But something about Tamara’s brand has tickled my fancy. As I read her All About Me page, her story reminded me of Buster Keaton’s start in show business. Y’all know how I feel about Buster! If you haven’t met this firecracker, you might enjoy her blog.
In the meantime, I shall answer her questions by way of fulfilling part of my obligation. Leibster Lite, if you will.
- What color socks are you wearing? Black. I have a drawer full of black socks.
- What have you bought recently that you regret? Brown socks. Now I have to pay attention when I do the laundry.
- If you had three wishes, what would they be? Urgh. Part of me wants to cop-out by saying “World Peace” or “I’ve got all I need, thanks. Here, you take ’em.”
I wish that my stepson has a successful second year at college and that he finally gets a job. He deserves some good stuff. Ditto my niece and nephew who are also in the last year of their studies.
I wish that people will get off their butts and vote in the next elections. By vote, I mean that they vote the way I want them to vote. That is, open your eyes! Snap out of it!
Finally, here’s the second stanza of the Metta Meditation:
May you be safe
May you be happy
May you be healthy
May you be content
May you love yourself completely
And with great kindness
Just as you are now
No matter what happens
- What person would you love to meet and why?
I cannot think of anyone. Mostly because I tend to get starstruck, and make a complete ass of myself. Seriously. When I lived in London, Ontario, there was this news reporter whom I admired. He was smart, socially minded, articulate. I happened to meet him in the grocery store and when I walked up to express my appreciation, I immediately lost it. I started to blubber. Not my finest moment. If it were not for the fact that my partner was able to speak for me, TV guy would have summoned the cops. I swear!
- If you could have your life over what would you do differently?
Buy black socks ONLY.*
- Do you prefer summer or winter? I’d like to go with door number three, Tamara – autumn. But if you insist: summer.
What is 27890 divided by 9.5
What age do you hope to live to? 95. I like that number. Plus it gives me
37 more years to get it right.
- What is that on the roof above your head. Shingles. Why?
- Why did you look up? Or did you really look up? (be honest) Trust me: shingles.
- What is the daggiest thing about you? Now that I looked up: socks in sandals.
*** *** *** *** ***
*Just as I was about to hit “Publish” I decided to Google the newscaster, the fellow I met in the grocery store, to see what he was up to these days. Here’s what I learned:
Daily also admits his outward confidence was a mask.
“I’m deeply insecure and deeply private,” he says, adding he always expected to be revealed as an imposter.
“I don’t like dealing with people, so I chose a career where my face is on a screen but I don’t have to talk to you.”
Oh God. Yeah, do-over, please. Let me NOT be at the grocery store that time. How mortifying for Mr. Daily!
Categories: Blog Blog Blog