The neighbourhood? Blue Collar. Deep, through and through blue.
The circle on the far left is the hospital, where it all began. The cluster to the right includes our church, the high school, and across the street Bell Canada, where I worked after school, and the grocery store.
The smallest circle below the pawprint cluster is perhaps where it REALLY began. That’s the homestead. The two large green areas are my junior public school and playground above, and Cherry Park, south, an occasional destination. The large oval at the bottom is Victoria Park. Hard to find a community of any size that does NOT have a Victoria Park. The oval in the center right is “downtown”. The wee circle on the far right is the public library, and the one up top right is the senior public school.
To give you a sense of scale, the distance from my home to the school upper right is almost 2 km. Most of the first two decades of my life was lived within the few blocks immediately adjacent to home.
Photo left as interpreted by my Aunt – she, my mom and their 8 siblings grew up in the house. To the far right is the house shortly after it was built – Grandpa on the railing, with my mum, maybe? In the center is the house today, a screen capture from Google Maps.
Inspired by Daily Prompt http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/daily-prompt-west-end-girls/
Categories: Daily Post
14 replies ›
- Howard | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Daily Prompt: West End Girls | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Suburbian Blues | Edward Hotspur
- Daily Prompt: West End Girls | The Wandering Poet
- Daily Prompt: West End Girls | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: West End Girls | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Memories | Views Splash!
- Clothes Horse | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Share My World Week 15 | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Aunt Helen | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- The Underwear Salesman | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Barbie and Ingo | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Share Your World – January 23, 2017 – The Zombies Ate My Brains