Don’t listen to a word I say, Sam – you made my day, you most certainly did! I couldn’t agree with you more – if the purpose of the award is to encourage the new bloggers, then I’d say it has done exactly that for this newbie. Thank you!
Without further ado, I will attend to my duties as nominee.
Here are the rules (some version of them) that govern the Liebster award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. (That list is below the nominations.)
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
And the Nominees are…
6. How To Ty
Should you accept, please answer the following questions.
1. Keaton or Chaplin (I’m talking silent screen stars, btw)
2. How many times a day do you check your email?
3. Do you have a pet? Is it on your lap/laptop at the moment?
4. Do your friends/family/associates read and follow your blog?
5. Does the fact that your friends/family/associates read and follow your blog make a difference to how or what you write?
6. When you are on hold waiting for the customer service rep to come back with the answer, how do you pass the time?
7. Do you consider blogging a hobby or a job?
8. Introvert or extrovert?
9. This Liebster thing is a lot of work, do you agree?
10. Do you forgive me?
- What made you want to start a blog? After about 30 years of wanting to write, I thought it was time. But apart from fulfilling a creative urge, I blog as a substitute to playing computer games. If my time is going to be spent in front of a computer terminal and keyboard, at the end of the day, I would like a body of work to show for it.
- Is this your first blog? Sort of. I’ve started two before, but never published.
- Mythbusters or TopGear? [or you can’t stand either in which case, we can’t be friends ]Well, this is a tricky one. I’ll go with Mythbusters because it is the only one I’ve watched. We’ve unplugged the tube in our house. Almost 5 years now. The only regret is that sometimes I don’t understand the cultural references in conversations. So far I’ve managed to survive.
- What do you do in your spare time? I am a mineral collector. When the weather is good, my hubby and I travel to locations in the region and grub around in the woods for specimens. When we get home, he preps them and I photograph them. I will have some photos to share some day.
- Winter or Summer? [people in the States are going to have a rather obvious answer to this] I’m going to go with door number three – Fall. Or do you call it Autumn?
- What’s your dream car? One that can teleport me from A to Z without the hassle of high speed highways. You did say “dream”!
- What genre of music do you prefer? Are you familiar with Jesse Cook? “Nuevo flamenco” apparently is the genre.
- What’s your favorite foreign accent? Hmmm, I’d have to say Cockney.
- If you could move to anywhere in the world for a year, where’d you move to? Australia, I think. But I’d drive. See Question 6.
- What music instrument do you play or wish you could play? I taught myself classical guitar as a teen. Gave that up. Wish I hand’t.
Categories: Blog Blog Blog